05/01/2011

| Mirror and irradiant image |


  Yesterday I spoke about the mirror, which gives me
  today the idea of speaking about the image.
  yet, my concern is not with the reflected,
  but with the irradiant image,
  an image I might compare to the sun's disc,
  which gives us light and warmth.
  The mirror image
  is apparent and exterior;
  it has never helped me
  to decipher a
  single trait of that
  which I call my
  concealed soul.
  While the irradiant
  image is one that,
  like the sun, seeps
  into us to reveal that
  concealed soul.

Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso, undated text, ASC-BA Collection (translated by José Gabriel Flores and Richard Trewinnard) 

in Helena de Freitas (coord.), Amadeo de Souza-Cardoso, Catálogo Raisonné: Pintura, Lisboa: Fundação Calouste Gulbenkian e Assírio & Alvim, 2008, p. 435.

Sem comentários:

Enviar um comentário